10 Feb 2015

Varun Dhawan: In BADLAPUR No vulgarity, titillating or violence the theme is hardcore

The very charming Varun Dhawan has
entertained us with his amazing comic
timing & romantic roles in films like
STUDENT OF THE YEAR, MAIN TERA HERO
& HUMPTY SHARMA KI DULHANIA. But in
his upcoming film BADLAPUR, he is going
to be seen in a never-seen-before avatar
displaying his violent side with the rough
& rugged look.
The Indian cinema has gradually changed
& become meaningful & more open to
showing bold content too over time, but
the audience is still not open-minded to
seeing bold content on-screen. When
asked Varun whether sex & violence is
still looked down on in our country, he
said, 'Yes, it is. I think it's looked down
about because a lot of films
sensationalise it. In a film like BADLAPUR,
we are not sensationalising it actually. If
there is a kiss with Yami (Gautam), it is
because she plays my wife in the film.
Now, if I don't kiss my wife, then whom
am I supposed to kiss? And about the kiss
with Divya Dutta, you have to see in
which context it comes in the film;
because it is a thriller, there are reasons
behind it. Otherwise, my character,
Raghu, is a faithful husband. He is a
normal common man.'
'And more than the film being sexual in
nature, it is very sexy because of the way
it has been shot, it's very smooth. It is
sexy in the way they have shot me
walking in the rain and all. Otherwise,
there is no vulgarity, titillating or much
violence in the film. I's the theme that's
probably hardcore.' he futher added.
When asked Varun how confident is he
about the film he said, 'I am confident
that it is a good film with a new subject
and it is very cinematic. It is not a run-of-
the-mill film where I am going out there
and dancing and jumping. I can't do that
with this film as I don't get the
opportunity only. But, somewhere down
the line, with the song 'Jee Karda'
becoming popular, there is an emotional
connect the audience has with the film.
People are liking what they are seeing, so
we are hopeful, fingers crossed.'
Also starring Yami Gautam, Huma
Qureshi, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Divya
Dutta, Radhika Apte, Vinay Pathak &
others, BADLAPUR is directed by Sriram
Raghavan & produced by Dinesh Vijan &
Sunil Lulla. The film will release on 20th
February, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment